Benefits of membership
Membership of the Scientific Instrument Society is very rewarding. You'll become part of a reputable network of interested individuals and organisations, currently with representatives in nineteen different countries.
Members are entitled to the following benefits:
- Four issues per year of the Bulletin of the Scientific Instrument Society
- Access to the complete online archive of the Bulletin
- Entry on the Members' Interests list
- Generous discounts on new publications, purchased through the Society
- Links to their (relevant) personal web pages from the Society's website. Member museums enjoy a link from our 'Museums' page
- Eligibility to attend at least two conferences per year, of which at least one will be outside the UK
- Eligibility to attend other daytime events in the UK including visits to museum stores, exhibition private viewings, auction previews, lectures, practical hands-on sessions and training events plus some purely social events
- Eligibilty to serve on the Executive Committee or contribute to member-led initiatives such as our online A-Z of Scientific Instruments
In addition your subscriptions assist further research into scientific instruments through our Grants programme.
A range of branded Society products is also available to members including badges, ties and binders.
Joining the SIS
If you have any sort of interest in scientific instruments, membership of the SIS could be for you. It doesn't matter where in the world you live. Please note that we also offer family memberships and a student membership discount. Institutions may also join at the individual rate in order to subscribe to our Bulletin. It will be our pleasure to welcome you to the Society.
- UK – Individual £55; Family £63; Student £20.
- Europe (incl. Norway & Switzerland) – Individual £70; Family £75; Student £30.
- Rest of World – Individual £75 (US$118); Family £80 (US$125); Student £32 (US$58).
An online membership form will be available soon, for now if you would like to join please email: email@example.com